Cinder is looking for a Back-End Insights Engineer to fill a role for our clients in Lake Oswego, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Currently, we are seeking someone who can dive into our Python codebase managed by our “Insights” guild, which helps bridge the gap between our Data Sciences and Engineering teams. Our teams work to build new services & features in modern apps using experience gained from previously developed legacy apps. We practice collaboration, UX prototyping, test-driven CI, and pull request code reviews (ticket tracking, acceptance testing, etc.) to produce high-quality code and continue to learn and improve the system
Job Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Contribute ideas, research, and knowledge to the team to increase skills for self and the team at large
- Develop programmatic solutions to business problems and ability to automate business processes
- Take ownership of functionality from development through deployment.
- Be ready to learn new languages, tools, and systems quickly, and be able to communicate challenges and ask for help regularly
- Deploy quality code, write tests, and learn from mistakes to build a better system and improve your skills
- Work with Product Owners, Business Analysts and other Developers to estimate, size, and scope of work
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math or related STEM fields; relevant experience, especially focused in Go development, may be substituted
- 5+ years working in a team environment as a programmer, preferably in a back-end role
- Ability to learn and understand the media buying process and business goals in order to develop intelligent solutions for users and clients
- Experience using distributed code repositories (git, Mercurial) in a team environment or a large open source project
- Prior experience supporting multiple browsers, operating systems and devices
- Experience in Ruby, MySQL or frameworks like React.
- Prior development on a service-oriented / microservice architecture
- Prior development of REST APIs
- Prior experience with Python frameworks like Flask or aiohttp
- Prior experience with PostgreSQL, PostGIS and Elasticsearch
- Prior experience with Mapbox GL JS or similar map rendering tech
- Established gibhub account with coding examples/projects
- Job Location: Must be done onsite
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Beaverton, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!