Cinder is looking for an experienced Design Validation Technician to fill a role for our client in Hillsboro, OR. This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, and PTO!
They are responsible for support of field and production troubleshooting and corrective action. The incumbent will prepare detailed reports on evaluations, failure trends, and rework procedures/work orders. They will apply their technical competencies to identify problems, develop solutions and drive corrective actions, while working closely with the engineering teams, service teams, product management, sales, customers, and the manufacturing teams.
Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Sets-up and conducts tests of complete units and sub-assemblies to replicate field failures and drive root cause analysis.
- Perform technical RMA Product Analysis
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive testing on materials (for evaluation and approval), parts to measure performance and life.
- Evaluate field installations & recommend modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Monitor and improve the data collection and failure analysis capabilities of MTI’s RMA process.
- Develop an expert level of knowledge on legacy platforms to facilitate effective troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Update version control and maintain product specifications
- Provide root cause analysis/corrective actions to customer-related quality issues
- A 2-year engineering degree from an accredited University, OR 5 years’ experience in electro-mechanical troubleshooting
- Ability to read schematics and build/test/troubleshoot circuitry according to the schematic independently
- Ability to read assembly and part drawings and build/test/troubleshoot electro/mechanical assemblies independently
- Ability to solder both through hole and SMT parts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise with electronic Test Equipment (i.e. Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Waveform Generators).
- Practical Experience with common consumer electronics (cell phones, GPS, tablets, etc.).
- Familiarity with basic Microprocessor theory, EPROMs, EEPROMs and hardware programming.
- Ability to judge and test for packaging issues, mechanical compatibility, grounding, thermal performance and RF emissions/sensitivities.
- Familiarity with Firmware/Software (recursive) testing, evaluation and end-user interface/usability
Job Location: Must be done onsite
Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Beaverton, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!