Cinder is looking for a DevOps Engineer to fill a role for our clients in Lake Oswego, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
You love fixing things for people and making systems hum. You want the configuration and stacks to be named correctly, use the right memory, be securely connected, robust and available. You know 21 ways to skin a cat using Linux and don’t keep them to yourself. You love to learn and are inspired to help people. And we want you to be successful—we have a team that really appreciates improvements to the platform, logs, and the internal build system. If this sounds like you, give us a call!
Job Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Relentlessly work on our AWS stacks to keep them in peak condition
- Assist in System Configuration, Monitoring and Deployment Management
- Analyze system and application architecture to ensure that all requirements are met
- Fine tune systems for Big Data: Servers, Database, OS, and package configuration
- Develop and maintain systems management software tools, procedures, and documentation.
- Develop and maintain applications, tools and scripts
- Automate any manual work that is taking more than 30 minutes
- Using Pingdom, Nagios, Git, Slack and other tools already set up, alert the team with system errors
- Support the engineering and innovation team in their Operations role
- Build simple yet robust solutions using an infrastructure as code approach
- Rarely, remain on call to support team in event of issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Linux (various flavors, including both Debian and RPM-based)
- Understanding of deployment tools such as Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Git etc
- Extensive AWS experience (Amazon Cloud, ELB, Heroku, DigitalOcean, Route 53, S3)
- Python/shell scripting
- Truly good communicator/collaborator
- Ability to learn, implement, and explain new tools and technologies quickly
- Self starter able to work with low supervision in a team environment
- Experience with open source tools and their use in automation
- Prior experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) products
- Prior experience building and deploying services in a Service-oriented or microservice architecture
- Prior experience working on a fast-moving Agile team
- Knowledge of the Internet Protocol Suite, such as DNS, TCP/IP, SSH, etc
- General programming experience (Python a plus)
- Systems troubleshooting (webserver, database server, networking, etc)
- Prior experience with setting up an ELK stack
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with Continuous Deployment or Build/Deploy pipelines
- Job Location: Must be done onsite
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Beaverton, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!