Cinder is looking for a Junior Project Manager to fill a role for our client in Portland, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
The Junior Project Manager self-sufficiently plans and drives project progress by interfacing with the project team and reporting status to the Lead Project Manager. Additional responsibilities include assisting the Lead Project Manager in developing and implementing new concepts and tools.
- Project Management – Responsible for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling and closing of short- and mid-term projects; including timeline/meeting/risk/issue management and status reporting – 70%
- Drive a project team of UX designers and software developers to achieve project goals and hold team members to timelines
- Concept Development – Driving the development and implementation of new concepts for the Program Management Office and the wider company – 20%
- Project Planning – Develop and administer timelines, identify risks/issues and proactively elicits solution proposals with the team to present to management
- Drive governing activities and decisions to ensure that right support structure to efficiently carry out projects (Escalation, Steering, Allocation, Prioritization) – 10%
- Project Organization – Set up meetings and workshops for project teams and stakeholders; compile results and present findings to management
- Status Reporting and Escalation – Communicate a clear and concise project status to all teams and exercise a solution-oriented way to escalate road blockers to the lead project manager
- Tools and Methods – Utilize Project Management tools as well as agile and traditional methods to overcome the challenges of implementing dynamically developed software in a structured vehicle development timeline
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management or Computer Science related fields
- 2-4 years of experience in Project Management working with Project Management Methods and Tools (PMP, Certified Scrum Master or similar)
- Experience in presenting proposals and reporting to management level
- Advanced MS Office Skills (emphasis on MS PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English – additional languages are a plus
- Experience in directly working with cross-functional teams
- Experience in the Automotive and Software development industry – experience in HMI Design is a plus
- Ability to deliver quick results with minimal supervision and a structural approach
- Job Location: Portland, OR
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!