Cinder is looking for a Quality Engineer to fill a role for our client in Beaverton, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
The Quality Engineer will be a key member of the quality team in a high visibility position and will be an important contributor to the progress of the company. You will work with members of the operations and engineering teams to support, implement, and improve manufacturing processes.
- Develop control plans and implement process monitoring by identifying critical process steps and applying methods to reduce process variation and to reduce defects and improve yield.
- Coordinate collection of nonconforming material data and generate associated yield reports. Initiate improvement projects based upon the reports with focus on root cause identification and corrective action implementation.
- Write and implement shop inspection procedures, product quality specifications, and visual aids. Coordinate training of manufacturing personnel regarding quality procedures.
- Participate in new product design reviews and provide quality engineering input relevant to design.
- Develop and ensure conformance of procedures and processes to the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
- Perform in process and outgoing AQL inspections.
- Coordinate and execute ongoing reliability testing and results reporting.
- Communicate quality issues to suppliers and drive root cause and corrective action processes with suppliers.
- Utilize tools such as DOE, FMEA, SPC, process mapping, and Gauge R&R to develop high yield robust manufacturing processes.
- Improve product and process quality by leading and participating in cross functional improvement teams.
- Working experience in semiconductor assembly operations with knowledge of associated processes.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Demonstrated ability to identify root cause of problems and implement corrective actions.
- Familiar with the use of microscopes and 2D & 3D mechanical inspection equipment.
- Familiar with reliability test equipment and processes, such as temperature cycling, He leak detection, solderability, and force gauges.
- Someone who works well as a team player and has a commitment to completing the job as required.
- Experience with transfer molding a plus.
- B.S. or M.S. Mechanical or Industrial.
- 5 plus years relevant industry experience.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks.
- Job Location: Beaverton, OR
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third party candidates will be considered for this position.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!