User Experience Development Manager
Our client is looking for a Direct Hire UX Development Manager for their Portland, OR team.
The User Experience Manager has expert knowledge of User Experience design with a proven track record of delivering user-centric software at a fast pace. This is coupled with excellent people-management skills that set a vision and supports the team to deliver on it.
Key functions of the User Experience team include:
• Rapid iteration and development of concepts to create fantastic user-centric graphical designs that exceed ever-increasing standards for automotive infotainment.
• Working with engineering and development partners to implement designs, in order to preserve the design intent, quality and usability.
• Collaborating with partner companies to create new concepts and support their brand and product development.
• Provide creative direction for 8-12 person design team across the disciplines of Interaction Design, Visual Design and User Research.
• Complete proof-of-concept and production design projects, balancing iterative and agile designs against a milestone driven vehicle timeline
• Recruit, grow and mentor team members, including sourcing talent via creative agencies, creating opportunities for continual improvements within the team.
• Promote user-centric principles throughout the company and drive process change to allow for iteration and design-thinking
• Confidently and clearly communicate design vision and streamlined processes to colleagues and stakeholders to improve the way software is designed and made
• Manage a variety of projects and provide estimates and status in conjunction with a Project Manager and Design Leads.
• Oversee usability research to validate designs using qualitative and quantitative research techniques, including creation of and comparison to benchmarks.
• Oversee creation of design patterns, graphical assets and animations for use in production software
• Oversee partnership with software developers during planning and production phases to ensure technical feasibility and quality of implementation
• Understand and adhere to automotive-specific compliance requirements and automotive industry standards
Necessary Education and Experience:
• Extensive experience in development of complex user experiences with proven delivery through a compelling portfolio of projects
• Mastery of User-Centered Design approaches
• Experience managing teams
• Experience designing for touch-centric devices
• Experience with HTML5, CSS, Qt or other front-end technologies
• Experience working with in-house and outsourced development teams
• Professional Agile Development experience
• Experience conducting, running and analyzing user testing
• Development of user experiences in automotive context
• Experience designing for embedded devices/electronics
• Experience of creating User Experiences inside of regulatory frameworks (ISO, NHTSA, etc)
• Experience of working with teams distributed across multiple time zones (USA, Europe, Asia)
Job Location: Portland, OR
Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third party candidates will be considered for this position.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!